Pupil Premium & Recovery Premium
Pupil premium is funding to improve education outcomes for disadvantaged pupils in schools in England. Evidence shows that disadvantaged children generally face additional challenges in reaching their potential at school and often do not perform as well as other pupils.
The recovery premium provides additional funding for state-funded schools in the 2021 to 2022 academic year.
Further details on pupil eligibility and funding rates for pupil premium 2021 to 2022 can be found here.
Further details on the recovery premium can be found here.
Click on the link below to view Grayrigg CE School Pupil Premium & Recovery Premium Statement:
The primary PE and sport premium must be spent by schools on making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. Most schools receive a lump sum of Â£16,000 plus an additional Â£10 per pupil based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
Schools should use the Primary PE and Sport Premium to achieve the following:
A. Develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that your school already offers
B. Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Schools can use the premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity â€“ the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
2. The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
Further details for the year 2020-21 can be found by clicking on the link below: